– Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering or 5 years related experience.
– Computer literate including design software and programming
Responsibilities as follows but not limited to:
– Report to immediate superior and Department Head.
– Assist NPI Section Head to achieve defined objectives.
– Ensure operation of NPI Section comply with departmental and company policies,
objectives and SOPs.
– Planning, co-ordination and allocation of resources to project and order assigned.
– Lead and manage project team to ensure timely implementation of First Article
– Review customer drawings, bill of materials and specification.
– Conduct DFM, process capability study for product design and requirement.
– Develop process flow, bill of material and process drawing for new product.
– Review product drawing and development/process drawing.
– Develop packaging standard and instruction for the product.
– Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to project.
– Lead to resolve any technical issues arise during product sample preparation stage.
– Develop, analyse, and record permanent solution for any problem encountered during project implementation
– Prepare, coordinate and conduct post project review.
– Design and develop new jig and fixture for new product and process improvement.
– Authorize work drawing and engineering change.
– Ensure availability and reliability of project/order file such as technical document, specification, BOM etc.
– Drive cost reduction through engineering improvement activity such as DFM, Lean
manufacturing, kaizen etc.
– Maintain consistent application of company policies, procedures and shop floor rules.